Two children of the same parent have been burnt to death in a fire outbreak in Ifako Ijaiye area of Lagos metropolis.
The incident occurred on Saturday night at Bola Oyewo Street in the area.
Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, said the fire broke out in a bungalow building, burning two kids at 2 Bola Oyewo street to death
The mother of the children was said to have lit a candle at night and went out to plait her hair, leaving the two children aged two and four inside the house sleeping.
The candle later fell and caught fire, consuming the sleeping children.
The father of the children, in an attempt to rescue them while the inferno was on sustained serious injuries.