Three Burnt To Death, 4 Injured In Abeokuta Gas Explosion

Three persons, including an infant, have been burnt to death in a gas explosion in Abeokuta

Four others were injured in the explosion at 7, Oke Igbore Titun, behind Saint Paul Anglican Church on Tuesday afternoon

The explosion, according to Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) spokesman, Commander Babatunde Akinbiyi, was caused by a leak in the hose being used in passing fluid into a freezer

He says that the leaked hose attracted fire from a naked fire of another gas cylinder being used to fry fish in the same room, leading to explosion which caused fire outbreak

The director of Ogun State Fire Service, Engineer Fatai Adefala, says the victims were trapped by the fire from the explosion which burnt them to death

Two of those who died had been buried by their relatives, while the third was taken to the Federal Medical Centre The fire outbreak from the explosion had been put out by fire service

YOU CAN ALSO READ: 12 Die, Several Other Burnt In Petrol Tanker Explosion In Benue

DOWNLOAD THE ROCKCITYFM APP AND LISTEN LIVE

Please subscribe to our newsletter

CONTACT US

Do you have any request or enquiry? Do not hesitate to send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2021 RockcityFM The Voice of the People

Need Help? Chat with us
or

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account