Quick Take Thursday 13th October 2016

The Buhari Admnistration has been advised to reject the order of the ECOWAS court to release former national security adviser, retired colonel Sambo Dasuki, from detention.

The sub-regional court last week in its judgement on application filed by Dasuki, said the continued detention of the former security chief without trial was unlawful.

Listeners on a Rockcity 101.9 FM disagreed on how the presidency should react to the directive.

The listeners were asked during the radio station Programme: ’QUICK-TAKE’ if the federal government should comply or not with the order of ECOWAS court.

Out of fifty six listeners who responded to the question through phone calls, twitter and social message, thirty six representing 64 per cent of all the callers say ‘no’

Only twenty of the callers representing thirty six per cent supported the release of Dasuki as ordered by ECOWAS court.

Most of the listeners who opposed Dasuki’s release, including Victor Awonubi and Adeyinka Daniel , expressed concern that treasury looters facing trial in Nigerian courts may start to ECOWAS court if the order is obeyed.

Awonubi for instance, said the fund voted for arms purchase allegedly embezzled by Dasuki and others had caused the death of hundreds of Nigerians in the northern part of the country.

One of the Listeners who supported the ECOWAS verdict, Fayemi Philips said Nigeria being a leading country in ECOWAS should lead by example by complying with the verdict.

DOWNLOAD THE ROCKCITYFM APP AND LISTEN LIVE

Please subscribe to our newsletter

CONTACT US

Do you have any request or enquiry? Do not hesitate to send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 RockcityFM The Voice of the People

Need Help? Chat with us
or

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account