The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, has given a crucial support to the frivolous petitions bill, popularly known as anti-social media bill, saying it is designed to protect all Nigerians from false allegations. Nigeria’s chief judge said with the flood of frivolous petitions in all tiers of government, the freedom of speech must be within the ambit of law. Justice Mohammed who stated his position on the controversial bill at a public hearing organised by the senate on it in Abuja, said the rights to freedom in Nigeria has been ignored while many advanced democracies had introduced laws on freedom of information. The proposed bill, according to him, would ensure that information disseminated by the social media to the public is from legitimate source, geniune and known sources of identification
Rockcity FM, , EDUCATION, NEWS, 0
Non-academic staff of federal universities have threatened to resume their suspended strike anytime from now. Chairman of the joint...
Rockcity FM, , NEWS, 0
The Senate has asked the Presidency to slash the 2017 Hajj fare payable by Nigeria’s intending pilgrims because of...
Rockcity FM, , EDUCATION, NEWS, Director of Bureau of Public Service Reform Dasuki Arabia, JAMB Registrar Professor Ishaq Oloyede, Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB), National Identification Management Commission (NIMC)., 0
Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) says candidates seeking to write the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), must possess...
Phemmy Olaide, , NEWS, 0
President Muhammadu Buhari says he once considered quitting office, shortly after his inauguration on May 29th, 2015. The President...
RockCity FM Live
- Abiodun Asks Customs To Discharge Duties With Human Face In Ogun November 27, 2021
- FG, WORLDBANK FUNDED RICE FARM BEGIN HARVEST IN OGUN WEST November 26, 2021
- OGUN CUSTOMS SAYS ITS READY FOR SMUGGLERS AHEAD OF YULETIDE SEASON November 24, 2021
- EGBA PARAMOUNT RULER BACKS CUSTOMS AGAINST OGUN SMUGGLERS November 24, 2021
- OGUN BEGINS ENFORCEMENT OF MOTORCYLE RIDER PERMIT FROM MONDAY November 19, 2021
- 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster Of Amosun Surfaces In Abeokuta November 17, 2021