Coalition of Arewa Youths reconsider stance on October 1 deadline for Igbos

Coalition of Arewa youths reconsider stance on October 1 deadline for Igbos

The Coalition of Arewa Youths are reconsidering their stance on the quit notice issued to Igbo residents residing in the north.

This follows the recent position of South East leaders on the agitations of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

President of one of the youth groups that issued the October 1 deadline to the Igbo residents in the north, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Shettima Yerima, said the group is satisfied with steps taken so far by the Igbo leaders in condemning the pro-Biafra agitators.

Yerima said the northern youth group initially issued the quit notice because no one cautioned the IPOB agitators from causing trouble in the country.

He said “We are happy that the Igbo leaders have taken a step to curtail some people who have been trying to hold the country down through their actions.

“We will have to discuss with the stakeholders across the North, what the Igbo leaders did is a welcome development. If they had done this the past, we would not have reasons to take the step we took.

“It is unfortunate that they allowed their position and leadership to be undermined by one fraudster, toying with the destiny of over 40 million people, which is not right.

“Now that they have said they remain committed to indivisible Nigeria, we will reconsider our position on the matter. We will meet and make our position known to the world.”  

DOWNLOAD THE ROCKCITYFM APP AND LISTEN LIVE

Please subscribe to our newsletter

CONTACT US

Do you have any request or enquiry? Do not hesitate to send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2021 RockcityFM The Voice of the People

Need Help? Chat with us
or

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account