The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and Police in New York were still searching Monday for suspects and possible links between a bomb that exploded Saturday night in Manhattan and another found nearby.
Authorities stopped a “vehicle of interest” on a highway in the Brooklyn section of New York late Sunday, and the FBI said it questioned five people inside, but that no one had been charged with any crime.
The blast Saturday in the Chelsea neighbourhood wounded 29 people, all whom have been released from the hospital.
The second device, recovered a short time after the first went off, involved a pressure cooker with a cell phone attached to it. Police were able to safely remove it from the area and said Sunday they blew it up in a controlled explosion.Please subscribe to our newsletter [mc4wp_form id="10101"]